Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tamalpa Headlands 50K Training Week Nine: More Injury, Less Cowbell

Another gorgeous night on the bay
While I intended to return to training with a vengeance this week, by Thursday I gave up and wrote off the weekend. No matter how I look at it, my groin is still too vulnerable for a real run. So I hit the chiropractor on Thursday and enjoyed the solstice weekend with Twirly. We sailed the Bay Saturday night, watching the sunset and the rise of the super moon. Sunday we checked out the wooden boat show at the Corinthian Yacht Club and saw some absolutely beautiful old ships. Pretty to look at, but way too much maintenance for us!


Solsitce sun setting

Super moon rising

The week:
Tuesday: 70 minutes at 10:00 pace
Wednesday: 45 minutes of trail running

Saturday: Easy bike ride with Twirly
Total: 11 miles
I hope to get a few decent runs in before next weekend, when we will be hosting the Michigan Bluff aid station at the Western States 100 Miler. This event always gets me motivated to log some miles. Hopefully I will emerge with a rejuvenated spirit. We're hitting another hash with the Cougars on Sunday.
Until then, anyone got a good story about struggling with an injury? Share your pain below.

No comments:

Post a Comment