Saturday, April 27, 2013

New Title

As I began the next cycle of training, I realized that I had outgrown the label "unlikely runner". For the sake of clarity, I have renamed the blog "Wanderplace - musings from the middle". I often find myself sandwiched between faster and slower friends, so it makes sense that my perspective be presented as the view from the middle of the pack. 

I am now part of that meaty center of the bell curve, an average ultrarunner (as if any of us were average), not quite fast enough to see the elites leave the finish line festival, and just fast enough to be on my third beer when the DFL runners cross the line, the middle of the pack is where I reside. No longer an unlikely runner, I have become an expectant runner. So notice has been given; I continue to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment