Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tamalpa Headlands 50K Training Week Fourteen: Feeling Like a Runner Once Again

Back to back weeks of modest volume have me feeling good about my training again. The ramp up to 30 miles a week has been a long painful ride this time around, and I hope to maintain the volume straight through to December and The North Face Endurance Challenge 50 Miler.
 
Here's the week:
 
Tuesday: 45 minutes on the treadmill
 
Wednesday: 45 minute walk
 
Thursday: 3 hour hilly trail run
 
Saturday: easy 45
 
Sunday: easy 45
 
Totals: 31.18 miles, avg HR 136, Body Fat % 19.1
 
It is good to see my body fat % coming down. One percent every two weeks will have me in good shape come autumn. The coming week should be exciting, as I am pacing Coach Ken from Running Stupid in the San Francisco 100 on Saturday. I'll be helping Ken try to go sub-24 hour by running miles 50-75 with him. I am enjoying cutting my teeth on pacing duty; I get all the race day experience with none of the fees or swag. Ken has said that one of his goals is to drop his pacers, and my goal is to not be dropped again!

No comments:

Post a Comment