Monday, July 22, 2013

Tamalpa Headlands 50K Training Week Thirteen: Five Weeks to Race Day and I Feel Fine

Ten weeks since my injury at the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K, and I can finally say that I have recovered. I put in a modest volume this week, capped by pacing David at the Tahoe Rim Trail 50 miler. My injury no longer hurts, but remains tight and needs specific attention (i.e. rolling, stretching, massage and ART).
 
Here's the week:
 
Tuesday: 60 minute tempo run
 
Thursday: 60 minutes at base pace
 
Saturday: 5:20 pacing at TRT 50
 
Totals: 31.86 miles, avg HR 147
 


Diamond Peak ski area, during TRT 50
The 19 miles on Saturday was a huge confidence booster. Despite sucking wind at elevation and getting dropped by David (who went on to a top 30 and took 19th male finisher), my mechanics felt good and my hip and groin held strong over the rolling, sometimes technical terrain. I have no unordinary residual soreness even two days later. Participating in a race was just what I needed to jump-start my motivation and get back into the swing of things. David has been training hard since American River 50, and his hard work paid huge dividends last weekend. I need to focus, commit, and put in the time so that my experience at The North Face 50 in December is as quality as David's performance was at TRT.

 
I'll get a Pacer's Report up in the next couple days. Until then, see you on the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment